We have especially well trained in the diagnosis of puzzling medical problems, in the ongoing care of chronic illnesses, and in caring for patients with more than one disease.
Internists also specialize in health promotion and disease prevention. The General Medicine Service is led by three consultant physicians. The team also includes other doctors and nurses, a dietitian, a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist and a psychotherapist.
To give the best service to patients, our doctors are:
• Have adequate time for every patient.
• Able to keep up to date.
• Have complete clinical freedom.
• Have adequate, well-equipped premises.
• Have at his disposal all the diagnostic aids, social services and ancillary help he needs.
• Encouraged to acquire skills and experience in special fields.
• Adequately paid by a method acceptable to him who encourages him to do his best for his patients.
• Have a working day which leaves him some time for leisure.