MBBS & BDS Admission Policy for the Session 2021-22
The following Admission Policy is formulated in compliance with the provisions of Section 18(3) of PMC Act 2020 and PMC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 2021, for admission of students to Abbottabad International Medical & Dental College, Abbottabad for MBBS & BDS programs.
Any person seeking admission in Abbottabad International Medical & Dental College (AIM&DC), Abbottabad shall be eligible having fulfilled the following mandatory criteria.
The Candidate must have:
1. Passed the MDCAT – 2021 Examination conducted by the National Medical Authority
2. Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate qualification (“HSSC”) or an equivalent 12th grade qualification (A Level etc.) recognized in Pakistan and having obtained sixty five percent (65%) marks therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Medical and Dental Cou8ncil; and
3. Passed the subjects of biology and chemistry and either physics or mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan.
B(I). Merit Weightage for MBBS Program
- SSC (Matric) or Equivalent 10%
- HSSC or Equivalent 50%
- MDCAT 40%
B(II). Merit Weightage for BDS Program
- SSC (Matric) or Equivalent 10%
- HSSC or Equivalent 60%
- MDCAT 30%
C. Merit List
1. The admission to MBBS & BDS Programs in Abbottabad International Medical & Dental College, Abbottabad shall be made strictly based on merit.
2. In case final merit list of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit.
3. After the display of final merit list, if there is any vacant seat, next student on merit in the waiting list will be offered admission.
D. Admission Process
1. The applications through online portal of the college shall be accepted for the scrutiny and merit formulation as per Pakistan Medical & Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission, Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 221.
2. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide passed MDCAT and HSSC or equivalent examination results prior to the last date to apply on the admission portal is 10 Dec, 2021.
3. The applicants shall be bound to provide the following documents through the College website (uploading the documents):
- Result of MDCAT
- F.Sc/A Levels / High school certificate
- Secondary School Certificate
- Equivalence Certificates
- CNIC / Form B
- Domicile Certificate
- A-Level Equivalence for Chemistry, Biology & Physics
- Character Certificate
- Any additional educational achievement
- Certificate of co-curricular activities
- Medical Certificate
- 6 x Passport size pics (White Background)
- Supporting Financial documents
4. Students appearing in November 2021 CAIE (A Level) Examination should submit their Statement of Results immediately upon result announcement and the IBCC Equivalency Certificate letter when available.
5. The last date to apply on the admission portal is 10 Dec, 2021.
6. It is the responsibility of all applicants to visit the website http://www.aimi.edu.pk/ for updated information.
7. Communication to the applicants will be strictly through Email address provided by the applicant.
8. All selected applicants and their parents/guardians will be required to submit an affidavit on Rs. 500/- Stamp Papers duly notarized by the notary, stating the acceptance of AIM&DC required disciplinary, legal, financial responsibilities and all other rules and regulations specified in the College Prospectus.
9. Admission Offer will remain conditional subject to verification of the documents and medical fitness and fee deposit within the stipulated period.
E. Payment of College Fee
The selected applicants shall be bound to deposit fee within two working days failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
Scholarships as per PMC policy. Apply through https://scholarship.pmc.gov.pk/
F. General Provisions
1. Correspondance with the applicant will be strictly through email i.e firstname.lastname@example.org
2. PMC Directives regarding admissions 2021 – 22 issued from time to time will be followed.
3. A strict NO DONATION POLICY is adopted. No one except office of admissions is authorized to give a written admission offer.
4. All fee will be deposited in the official designated bank account as specified in the admissions portal / prospectus.
5. SCHOLARSHIPS: As per Pakistan Medical Commission guidelines.